Skip Navigation

SNAP: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Assistance)

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Assistance) provides qualifying households with food benefits to access healthy foods, plants and seeds in order to sustain family nutrition along with education on food preparation and nutrition. Applications are available at your local DCF Service Center, can be requested by calling 1-888-369-4777 or you can apply online.

Apply Nowlaunch

Upon approval, benefits are provided through a Kansas EBT Card (which functions and looks like a debit card) for families to purchase foods from various grocery stores and farmer’s markets.  

You can manage your benefits on the ebtEDGE mobile app or the cardholder login on Each month that you are eligible for benefits, your benefits will be added to your Kansas Benefits card.  Food Assistance benefits are issued monthly based on the first letter of your last name and are available at 6 a.m. on the benefits date. More information on how to use the card and when your benefits are issued will be sent if you are eligible. Purchases made using Food Assistance are tax exempt.  

Learn about ebt card usagelaunch

Application Assistance

Applying for benefits guidelaunch

SNAP Outreach Contractors work closely with families who feel they may be eligible for food assistance to submit their application. 

learn more and find your closest contractorlaunch


SNAP-ED provides families receiving food assistance education on nutrition, cooking and physical activity, including free classes. To locate and learn more about the SNAP-ED program click below or call 1-855-476-2733

Learn more about SNAP-EDlaunch Learn more about Food Assistance launch

USDA Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. 

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative me​ans of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to: 

  1. mail: 
    Food and Nutrition Service, USDA 
    1320 Braddock Place, Room 334 
    Alexandria, VA 22314; or 
  1. fax: 
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or 
  1. email: [email protected] 

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.​